LONDON (Reuters) - Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for playmaker Philippe Coutinho, sources said on Friday. Reports in British media put the latest bid at 125 million euros ($146.85 million), as the Spanish club continue to seek a replacement for Coutinho's Brazil team mate Neymar, who they sold to Paris St Germain for a world record 222 million euros earlier this month. Manager Juergen Klopp has previously insisted that the 25-year-old would not be sold, although last weekend he said that if Liverpool's owners decided to accept a bid there was nothing he could do about it. ...
Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney called on President Donald Trump to “acknowledge that he was wrong” and apologize for his remarks about the violent Charlottesville rally.
The 1997 car crash that killed Britain's Princess Diana spawned a host of conspiracy theories, but evidence that it was an accident only grows stronger, bolstered by new revelations about the history of the vehicle. A book titled "Qui a Tue Lady Di?" (Who Killed Lady Di?), published in May, revealed that the Mercedes 280 had a previous owner and had been stolen twice before the fateful night of August 31, 1997, when Diana was killed along with her new Egyptian lover Dodi Al-Fayed. The car's first owner, advertising tycoon Eric Bousquet, bought it in 1994.
Juventus have signed France midfielder Blaise Matuidi from Paris St Germain on a three-year deal, the Italian champions announced on Friday. The 30-year-old arrived in Turin earlier this week for a two-day medical and was confirmed as a Juventus player on the Serie A club's website (www.juventus.com). Matuidi, who has 58 caps, has joined Massimiliano Allegri's Juve side for 20 million euros ($23.48 million), which may rise by up to 10.5 million based on appearances.