• "This is not football, this is kampung football"

    Karl-Heinz Weigang was not happy despite his Perak team winning against Selangor to secure Super League stay

    Goal.com
  • Hollywood Tries to ID A-Lister Accused of Raping Corey Haim

    Forget Brad and Angelina — a much more sinister tabloid headline has captured Hollywood’s attention this week, and inspired grim, rampant speculation about whether a famous actor repeatedly raped a now-deceased child star. Radar Online last week published a bombshell report claiming to know the identity of a beloved male star who sexually abused an underage Corey Haim in the prime of his career. Haim died at age 38, of pneumonia, in 2010.

    The Wrap
  • Philippines at UN tells world not to interfere

    The Philippines' foreign secretary on Saturday pushed back against criticism of President Rodrigo Duterte's drug war, telling the United Nations not to interfere. "We urge everyone to allow us to deal with out domestic challenges in order to achieve our national goals, without undue interference," Perfecto Yasay told the UN General Assembly. There has been growing international alarm over the rising death toll from Duterte's crackdown on crime, with human rights groups saying that security forces are engaging in extrajudicial killings.

    AFP News
  • Consumers in Selangor left high and dry

    PETALING JAYA, Sept 25 — More than one million consumers in Selangor had a damper in their weekend plans with an unscheduled water disruption, and are now left wondering when supply would resume...

    The Malay Mail Online
  • China begins operating world's largest radio telescope

    BEIJING (AP) — The world's largest radio telescope began searching for signals from stars and galaxies and, perhaps, extraterrestrial life Sunday in a project demonstrating China's rising ambitions in space and its pursuit of international scientific prestige.

    Associated Press
  • Roger Moore’s son is a dead ringer for his father in Bond costume

    It seems the next generation of the Moore family has continued to keep the British end up, so to speak. The Daily Mail shared an image of Geoffrey Moore, 50-year old son of the third 007 actor Roger, dressed as his father for a party in Mayfair this week. Geoffrey Moore was 7 years old when his father inherited the mantle of 007 with 1973’s ‘Live and Let Die,’ going on to be the most prolific Bond actor with seven films in the role before retiring in 1985 (by which time, most would agree the then 57-year old actor was far too old for the part).

    Ben Bussey
  • Klopp sidesteps Sakho Liverpool storm after Hull win

    Jurgen Klopp would not allow controversial comments from defender Mamadou Sakho to take the gloss off a "brilliant" first-half performance from his Liverpool side as they beat Hull City 5-1 at Anfield. Sakho -- who was sent home from Liverpool's pre-season tour of the United States for disciplinary reasons -- is yet to play for the Reds this season and rejected the chance to move on loan before the transfer window closed. Liverpool manager Klopp said earlier this month that the France international did not need to regain his trust but that Sakho needed to build up his fitness after not playing since April following a suspension for a failed drugs tests -- subsequently overturned by UEFA -- and an injury sustained in pre-season.

    AFP News
  • In Opinion: Is this the face of the next ISIS leader?

    The death August 30 of Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, the official spokesperson of the Islamic State (ISIS), dealt a harsh blow to the militant organization. Al-Adnani was killed in international coalition airstrikes while in the Syrian city of al-Bab, in the eastern countryside of Aleppo, because of the significant role he had played in ISIS since the organization was first launched in June 2014. Al-Adnani was appointed as its official spokesperson, and it was predicted he might be named emir of Syria.

    Newsweek q
  • Filmmakers considered killing Captain America in Civil War

    From the moment ‘Captain America: Civil War’ was announced, comic book fans immediately speculated as to whether Marvel Studios would be bold enough to end the movie the same way the ‘Civil War’ comic book saga concluded: with the death of Steve Rogers. It’s no spoiler to reveal that this did not come to pass – but directors Joe and Anthony Russo and producer/Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige have admitted that the thought did cross their minds when the film was first in development.

    Ben Bussey
  • In war between taxis and ride-sharing services, old cabbies are the ultimate losers

    KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 25 — For the past 25 years, 65-year-old Mohd Yusof Mohd Diah has driven countless passengers through the busy streets of Kuala Lumpur… earning a decent income all this while....

    The Malay Mail Online
  • Man United flourish without benched Rooney

    If Manchester United's performance in a 4-1 rout of English champions Leicester City on Saturday is anything to go by, Wayne Rooney may struggle to get back into the starting eleven. Dropped by manager Jose Mourinho to the substitutes' bench after a series of poor performances, Rooney made a cameo appearance after he replaced Marcus Rashford in the 83rd minute. Although the club captain struck a positive note as he waved and applauded the fans as he headed down the tunnel, his role as the team's driving force is under serious threat after United thrived with Juan Mata filling his position superbly.

    Reuters
  • Samsung Electronics delays South Korea re-start of Note 7 sales by three days

    Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Sunday it was delaying the start of new Galaxy Note 7 smartphone sales in South Korea by three days to Oct. 1, a move it says is needed for speedy completion of the ongoing recall in the country. Samsung announced on Sept. 2 a recall of at least 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 smartphones in 10 markets, including South Korea, due to a faulty battery causing the phones to catch fire, offering refunds or replacement devices using safe batteries. The firm hopes to complete the recall quickly and restart sales in the fourth quarter to salvage earnings, but the latest hitch in South Korea underscore continuing challenges in those efforts.

    Reuters
  • All Pakistani artists have left Mumbai, will hunt down whoever is still left: MNS

    Mumbai [India], Sept. 25 (ANI): Asserting that all Pakistani artists have left Mumbai following their 48-hour ultimatum, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on Sunday continued to stay firm on their stand that no artist from the neighbouring nation will be allowed to work in Mumbai, adding that if anyone is still "hiding" in the city, they will be hunted down. Speaking to the media here, MNS leader Amey Khopkar, chief of the MNS's cinema workers' unit Chitrapat Karamchari Sena confirmed that all Pakistani artists have left the city.

    ANI
  • 6 Authentic Shanghainese Stalls To Eat In Singapore For More Than Just Xiao Long Baos

    We’ve heard of Hainanese, Cantonese, Hokkien, Teochew and even Hakka food. What about Shanghainese? What is Shanghainese food you might be wondering – wait, that’s a dialect group? Yes it’s an actual dialect group, with cuisine unique to it. Its most famous gift to the culinary scene? Most probably xiao long bao. You may or may not […] The post 6 Authentic Shanghainese Stalls To Eat In Singapore For More Than Just Xiao Long Baos appeared first on SETHLUI.com.

    SETHLUI.com
  • Jim Carrey fires back at STD allegations made by late lover's husband

    The funnyman accuses tragic Cathriona White's estranged husband of "shameful greed".

    Cover Media
  • Yahoo confirms 500 million user accounts have been breached

    Note: This article was first published on September 23, 2016.

    HardwareZone
  • Pakatan MPs back Mukhriz’s proposal for unified opposition

    KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 24--  Several federal lawmakers from Pakatan Harapan support Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM) vice president Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir’s call for all opposition parties...

    The Malay Mail Online
  • The Latest: Trump, Clinton to meet with Netanyahu

    WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times EDT):

    Associated Press
  • Wenger shouldn't be judged on results alone, says Chelsea's Conte

    Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has warned Arsenal it would be a huge mistake to part ways with Arsene Wenger if he doesn't deliver a major trophy this season. Wenger has marked the 20th anniversary of his arrival at Arsenal this week ahead of Saturday's clash with Chelsea, but the Gunners boss has found himself under increasingly heavy fire from fans unhappy with his failure to win the Premier League since 2004. "I think Wenger is doing a good job.

    AFP News
  • Pharrell Williams to be a dad again - report

    The couple has yet to comment on the happy news.

    Cover Media